Production Manager (Exhibitions)
Do you have 5 years+ experience in the events industry?
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing event management agencies outside of London in a full-time role as a Production Manager (Exhibitions).
Production Manager (Exhibitions)
Salary: £30 – 40K (dependent on experience) per year
Opportunity to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield.
Identity is a dynamic live events agency with 20 years experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to Identity’s continuing success , we are looking to recruit a full-time Production Manager to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented team, whilst working in a dynamic and energetic office environment. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude. We are looking for someone who has several years of experience in delivering exhibition stands.
Projects at Identity range from 18 sqm exhibition stands through to 500 sqm double deck exhibition stands; the projects are varied and exciting. A few examples of projects our team has delivered recently include:
– Double deck exhibition stands worldwide
– Showroom/reception fit-outs across Europe
– Shopping centre activations in the UK
– TV / film sets in the UK
Identity is looking for highly organised individuals, who want to share their experience and knowledge with the team whilst delivering technically challenging events. The ability to communicate on all levels with excellent attention to detail is a crucial element of the role. If you think this description matches you, then Identity would love to hear from you.
Candidates must have at least 5 years experience as a Production or Project Manager delivering exhibition stands and/or conferences in an agency of a similar stature to Identity or for an exhibition build contractor.
For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company which specialises in exhibitions and live events and works with clients such as Eurotunnel, Google, Warner Bros, Apple, Porsche, Hastings Direct, and UK Government Departments. By joining Identity’s Production Management Team, you will be part of a diverse and creative team who are at the heart of driving the company forward.
A Production Manager (PM) needs to have excellent coordination skills as they are responsible for every aspect of a project. This includes: developing design briefs, producing quotations and specifications, conducting site visits, overseeing production, creating project schedules, managing contractors, liaising with clients, on-site project management, health and safety, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
They will work closely with clients to make sure that everything is to their satisfaction and delivered as per agreed specifications, making sure any last-minute extras are taken care of. Client satisfaction is our highest priority at Identity.
Excellent interpersonal skills and an in-depth understanding of construction/build techniques are essential. Excellent technical understanding of all aspects of the project lifecycle is essential.
Our Production Managers are expected to have up-to-date knowledge of; materials, production techniques and solutions; health and safety including CDM 2015 understanding; and commercial awareness.
The position requires exceptional attention to detail and a drive to maintain Identity’s high quality standards.
The right candidate must have a confident and enthusiastic approach, be a team player and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service.
Typical responsibilities for this role include:
- Understanding and recording the client’s brief
- Specifying the project/developing scope of works in conjunction with a designer
- Obtaining costs from contractors and suppliers
- Costing the project and preparing a quote for the client
- Liaising with 3D designers
- Liaising with CAD draughtsmen and checking the accuracy of technical drawings
- Creating and maintaining physical and electronic job bags
- Ordering of venue services
- Preparation of RAMS
- Creating and managing production and installation schedules
- Managing contractors during pre-production and on-site
Identity is a full-service events agency located in East Sussex working with a number of global brands as well as some local favourites. Our offices are located just outside of Eastbourne, with a team of over 50 talented people, approx. 1.5 hours from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton. We specialise in the design, project management and build of exhibition stands, conferences and experiential events in the UK and internationally.
Here are a few reasons why our staff work at Identity
- Located just outside of Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- Brand new, refurbished offices from July 2018
The Team and Company benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Free fresh fruit is available daily to all staff
- Pension scheme
- Transport benefit scheme
- Additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include Google, Apple, Eurotunnel, ITV, Dell and Warner Bros
- Ability to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Opportunity for career progression
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing date: 1st March, 2019