Senior Logistics Manager
Do you have a passion for live events, creative delivery and experiential projects?
Are you an experienced Senior Logistics Manager with a proven track record working on large-scale, high profile projects and looking to join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies?
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per year (depending on experience)
Location: Westham, East Sussex / London with some remote working
Closing date: 31st August 2021
Identity is a human experience agency with 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Senior Logistics Manager, who can project manage all crew and delegate logistics across a diverse range of projects including Corporate Conferences, Exhibitions, UK Government Events and major events such as the recently delivered G7 Summit and the forthcoming COP26 Climate Conference.
Specific responsibilities would include full delegate management, crew logistics, accreditation, group accommodation, travel, transfers and welfare but this list is not exhaustive and candidates should expect to provide logistics support across the business according to client and project needs.
As Senior Logistics Manager, you will also be responsible for line management of the logistics team, conducting 1-2-1s and appraisals, managing staff through personal development plans and ensuring that all training needs are met.
Exceptional project management skills and strong business acumen are essential, as is forensic attention to detail, the drive to deliver continuous improvement and a commitment to outstanding quality assurance.
Identity’s Head Office is based in Westham in East Sussex and we recently opened a London office, located near London Bridge. This position can be located in either location with some remote working also possible.
Core Responsibilities and Skills Needed
- Venue search, negotiation, contracting and end-to-end venue management;
- Supplier contracting and management;
- Full delegate management;
- Management of large hotel blocks, managing individual and group requests;
- Crew logistics, including accreditation, accommodation, travel and transfers and staff welfare;
- Developing and managing timelines, risk registers and status reports and ensuring logistical elements are running to schedule and as expected;
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills and planning expertise;
- Excellent people management skills with proven ability in leading and motivating teams;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment;
- Good understanding of current GDPR legislation;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Proven financial acumen.
At Identity we pride ourselves on delivering the best quality products and services. The position demands excellent attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands.
The person must have a confident and enthusiastic approach to our diverse industry and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service and must be professional at all times. On a day-to-day basis the Senior Logistics Manager will be integral to the Project Management Team providing input and supporting on all major enquiries.
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people work with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Enhanced Pension scheme after a year’s service
- 25 days annual leave, with additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Your birthday off work
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company sick pay scheme
- A Perkbox account – giving you instant 24/7 access to more than 250 perks, including free drinks, cinema tickets, shopping discounts, fitness classes, learning courses and a 24/7 employee assistance programme
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience, salary expectations and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Identity Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Disability Confident Commitment: We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Please note all candidates must have the right to work in the UK for their application to be considered, this includes a British passport, relevant visa or settlement status.