Senior Hybrid Event Producer
Are you an ambitious and proactive Senior Hybrid Event Producer?
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies with a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £45,000 -£55,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: 31/01/2021
Identity is a human experience agency with 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Senior Hybrid Event Producer/Team Lead to join our growing virtual events team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented company. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
We are looking for someone who has several years of experience of full project management within a creative or digital agency and must have demonstrable expertise in live event delivery and a good understanding/working knowledge of low complexity virtual events. Strong attention to detail, a real passion for creativity and delivery and excellent project management skills are essential.
For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company which specialises in live events and works with clients such as Siemens, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, the Royal Navy, RAF and UK Government Departments.
Identity is based in Westham in East Sussex; however, contracted remote working is a possibility for the right candidate.
We are establishing a new virtual events team, the focus of which will be low complexity virtual events with budgets under £50K, requiring minimal content development and using off-the-shelf platforms.
The Senior Hybrid Event Producer/Team Lead will be responsible for leading the new virtual events team which we anticipate, under this leadership, will expand quickly in the coming months, and include additional hybrid event producers and project co-ordinators.
As Senior Hybrid Event Producer/Team Lead your initial responsibility will be the full project management and end-to-end delivery of low complexity virtual events for existing clients and you will act as pitch lead on tenders. You will also be expected to support on live event delivery as needed so should have a strong track record and demonstrable expertise in live event delivery and a good understanding/working knowledge of low complexity virtual events.
You will have knowledge of the most popular virtual event platforms and an understanding of the differences, benefits and limitations of each. A willingness to research new platforms and expand your knowledge of virtual event delivery is a must as you will be expected to lead and guide the client relationship and further develop this new area of our business.
You will be a key point of contact for clients and will ensure on brief, on time and on-budget delivery. Experience in managing virtual events budgets up to £150K and live events budgets up to £350K is required. Exceptional project management skills and strong business acumen are essential, as is forensic attention to detail, the drive to deliver continuous improvement and a commitment to outstanding quality assurance.
As the team builds, so too, will your responsibilities. You will be responsible for maintaining a level of excellence across all projects within the team and for overseeing project delivery from inception to completion, ensuring all projects are fully resourced in line with agreed budgets. You will manage the team’s workload to ensure team members do not become overwhelmed and take the lead on their professional development. You must be forward-thinking, developing new ideas and innovations to support the ongoing success of the business.
The Senior Hybrid Event Producer/Team Lead must be confident in their ability to fully perform their duties whilst working remotely and managing a remote team, if necessary.
Key responsibilities are outlined under both areas below:
- Senior Hybrid Event Producer – Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing scope of works and budget in response to a client brief
- Researching and identifying the most appropriate virtual platform required to meet event budget and objectives
- Resourcing and managing all creative and technical resources involved in project delivery
- Establishing on-going client liaison and regular client meetings
- Where required, working with the client to agree the event agenda and content and collaborating with the Digital Production Team to develop innovative, immersive and engaging content
- Developing and managing timelines, risk registers and status reports and ensuring events are running to schedule and as expected
- Taking full budget ownership, securing client approvals, issuing invoices and raising purchase orders
- Agreeing SMART KPIs with the client to monitor Identity performance
- Onsite management of the production team and key client contact onsite
- Coordinating and managing post event internal review meetings and conducting a detailed debrief with the client, producing a report capturing key learnings and insights
- Conducting project close down and a full financial reconciliation
As pitch lead, you will also take the lead in identifying and pitching for new virtual events business within our existing client base.
- Developing pitch timeline, deliverables, budget and resource needed to support the tender delivery
- Leading the tender response, co-ordinating with all departments contributing to the tender
- Writing proposals, managing budgets and conducting research to support tender responses
- Team Lead – Key responsibilities include:
- Leading team meetings to ensure defined goals are met and to ensure a collaborative and effective team
- Contributing to the strategic direction of Identity and the successful delivery of the company goals, vision and objectives
- Identifying processes to deliver efficiencies and increased productivity
- Managing 1 to 1 meetings with each team member and leading on their professional and personal development
- Encouraging and mentoring junior team members to learn and grow
At Identity, we pride ourselves on delivering the best quality products and services and leading through creativity. The position demands excellent attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands.
The person must have a confident and enthusiastic approach to our diverse industry and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service and must be professional at all times.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven leadership and team management skills including expertise in developing team members and motivating teams
- Demonstrable experience in delivering virtual events across a variety of platforms to budgets up to £150K
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative and experienced in working across multiple agency disciplines
- Excellence in presenting proposals and budgets to clients at all levels
- Agile and adaptive with the resilience and stamina to sustain effective performance under pressure
- Exceptional organisation, project management and documentation skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Proven financial acumen
- Ideation and planning skills
- Ability to work in a client-focused manner
- Ability to self-prioritise workload according to the business needs and excellent time management skills
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 80 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Free fresh fruit is available daily to all staff
- Pension scheme
- Additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include Apple, Google, New Balance, Formula E and UK Government Departments
- Potential to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Opportunity for career progression
- Near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton)
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- Brand new, refurbished and spacious offices
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com by 31st January.