Senior Event Producer
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing event management agencies outside of London in a full-time role as an Event Producer.
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 31st August 2021
Reporting to: Head of Project Management
Identity is a dynamic and fast-growing live events agency with over 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to Identity’s continuing success we are looking to recruit a full-time Event Producer to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented team, whilst working in an energetic and supportive environment. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
At Identity, we work as one team with a clear company vision and strong company values and ensure our staff are provided with ample opportunities for personal development and training. We have an inclusive culture and all staff have access to, and support from the senior management team. We are ISO 9001 accredited, have Cyber Essentials Plus certification and robust environmental and CSR polices.
Identity is looking for a highly organised individual with the ability to communicate at all levels and with exceptional attention to detail. Candidates must have between 3-5 years’ experience as an Event Producer/Senior Event Producer in an agency of a similar stature to Identity.
For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company that specialises in delivering innovative, high profile events for global brands such as Google and Apple, and the UK and international Governments.
The Senior Event Producer should have the following essential qualities and skills:
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams
- Confidence presenting creative concepts, production and budgets to senior clients
- Full knowledge of logistical, technical and production procedures
- Experience managing and delivering pitch winning proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships
- A collaborative approach to delivery
The Senior Event Producer role will suit someone with a strong track record in events and conference delivery and wants to broaden their portfolio to encompass a wider range of projects. You will be an enthusiastic and influential person with excellent copywriting and project management skills. You must have a successful track record of event production on large scale events and experience managing event budgets in excess of £1m. You should have an excellent understanding of the various event disciplines (event management, technical services, digital media, video, production, print), but specifically, have strong client management skills and excellent commercial acumen.
The Senior Event Producer will lead on a broad range of proposals and projects and must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The position requires exceptional attention to detail and a drive to maintain Identity’s high-quality standards.
The right candidate must have a confident and enthusiastic approach, be a team player and must be committed to delivering innovative solutions, excellent customer service, exceptional quality assurance and continuous improvement.
The Senior Event Producer is responsible for coordinating all proposal requirements. You will lead a team of experts who will collaborate to deliver a pitch winning response.
The role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Understanding the brief and identifying all deliverables to ensure a pitch winning response
- Develop a pitch timeline, coordinate and manage team members working on the response
- Agree and manage pitch budgets
- Coordinate with the internal creative department to ensure the creative response meets the client brief
- Set checkpoint meetings to review proposal progress
- Produce concise and on point written copy in response to proposal questions
- Coordinate with the Production Manager to develop the estimated budget to ensure excellent value for money is delivered
- Produce all supporting project documents including project plans, risk registers and organisation charts
- Ensure the proposal response is accurate, meets the brief and is submitted in a timely manner
The Senior Event Producer is responsible for client management along with all aspects of project communication, scheduling, budgeting and event delivery. You will lead a team of specialists to deliver a broad range of events and you will be responsible for ensuring all events are delivered to brief, budget and deadline. You will be required to understand and direct a project from the initial concept through to the final delivery on site.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Understand the clients business, objectives, messaging and required outcomes to ensure the project delivers against these
- Set regular update meetings with the client and prepare agendas to be issued at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting
- Ensure meeting notes are completed and distributed within 24 hours of the meeting taking place
- Proactively manage the production timeline, risk register and project status report
- Ensure the client has sight of, and approves, all key project deliverables
- Ownership of the event budget and seeking written client approval for any changes in budget due to a change in scope and identifying cost savings and efficiencies
- Full understanding of all elements of the project, how everything connects together, including production and logistics and identification of interdependencies so these can be effectively managed
- Work with the creative department to develop and deliver the creative vision for the event
- Direct the layouts, technical and logistics requirements for the event, ensuring client requirements and feedback are embedded into the approach
- Brief and direct the production team
- Work with internal Production Managers to schedule all production and planning meetings and to develop an onsite schedule ensuring sufficient time for testing, technical rehearsals and speaker familiarisation
- Collaborate with the client to agree the event agenda and content requirements
- When required, develop content or work with the specialist content developers to ensure innovative, immersive and engaging content is produced
- Develop and implement any delegate evaluation required
- Key client contact and management of approvals process
- Collaborate with the production managers to ensure the build is on schedule and as per agreed deliverables
- Manage all onsite production team members including Showcallers, Content Specialists and Room Managers
- Ensure all technical and speaker rehearsals are delivered as per the agreed schedule
- Ensure all client materials are returned in a timely manner
- Coordinate and manage a post-event internal review meeting
- Conduct a debrief with the client and produce a report, capturing key learnings for future events
- Analyse delegate evaluation and produce a report for client review
- Conduct a full financial reconciliation and report figures to the Head of Project Management
Identity is a full-service events agency with offices in London and East Sussex working with global brands, UK and international governments. Our Head Office is located just outside of Eastbourne, with a team of over 120 talented people.
Why our staff love working at Identity:
- Offices with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas.
- On-site parking right outside the office.
- Two-minute walk to the train station.
- Brand new, refurbished offices.
The Team and Company benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include global brands, UK and international governments
- Ability to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Opportunity for career progression.
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience, salary expectations and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Disability Confident Commitment: We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Please note all candidates must have the right to work in the UK for their application to be considered, this includes a British passport, relevant visa or settlement status.