Senior CAD Draughts Person
Identity is looking for a Senior CAD Draughtsperson to support Event Delivery in providing accurate and detailed CAD layouts and drawings via your own drawings and those of the team.
This role is a production focussed role rather than a creative role – however, a background, or experience in event design would be very advantageous.
There is not a requirement to produce working or construction drawings as this will be completed by a manufacturing supplier, however knowledge of those areas would be beneficial
This is an office / remote working based role with standard hours, however, due to the nature of our industry, there will be the requirement to work occasional long hours and unsociable hours, and possibly the need to attend site.
Salary circa £45K dependent on experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the delivery of tenders and live projects, in a technical drawing capacity
- Providing event design input as part of drawing process
- Producing accurate, clear and concise drawings of exhibition stands and live events
- Line management of the CAD Drafting team with the support of the Head of Production,
- Running monthly 1-2-1s for team members including support of career development and mentoring
- Resource planning – working with Production Managers to ensure all projects are resourced in a timely fashion, and freelancers are booked where required.
- Inputting into resource requirements for budgeting process and actively managing time vs budget.
- Input into senior Production team group, to help with continual improvement of the production offering
Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive experience working within the events and exhibitions world, ideally across multiple channels such as Exhibitions, events, conference, green field, fixed facility, road shows, government projects
- Advanced level training in AutoCAD design software, or proof by experience. In depth knowledge and training in multiple software packages would be an advantage (e.g ACAD, Vectorworks, SketchUp Pro, Cinema 4D, Adobe Illustrator)
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in liaising with all stakeholders at all levels
- Supremely confident with all technical, logistical and scenic / manufacturing requirements for delivery sectors listed above for the purposes of completing drawings
- Professional and proven experience in using AutoCad in a Creative agency or similar setting
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- An understanding of design responsibilities under the CDM regulations, along with basic event H&S would be an advantage
- Proven people management skills, with experience in resource management and fulltime line management
- Ability to work in a customer focused manner
- Strong attention to detail
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people work with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Pension scheme after a year’s service
- 25 days annual leave, with additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Your birthday off work
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company sick pay scheme
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience, salary expectations and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Identity Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Disability Confident Commitment: We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Please note all candidates must have the right to work in the UK for their application to be considered, this includes a British passport, relevant visa or settlement status.