Junior Production Manager
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing live event and experiential agencies in a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £22,000 – 28,000 per year (depending on experience)
Location: Westham, East Sussex / London
Identity is a dynamic live events and creative experience agency with 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Junior Production Manager to join our Production Management team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented organisation that is growing and evolving. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
We are looking for someone who already has some low-level relevant experience in the planning and delivery of live events, exhibitions or technical theatre industry and who wants to start a career path in the field of Production Management. The right candidate must have strong attention to detail, a real passion for delivery and creative problem solving and be willing to learn from the team around them. For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to join a growing business that specialises in live events and works with clients such as Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Panasonic, Siemens, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, the Royal Navy, RAF and UK Government Departments including large scale high profile events.
The main purpose of the role is to support Production Managers in all aspects event delivery across a range of delivery types such as exhibitions, live events, conferences and government projects, covering trades such as set build, lighting and audio, video systems, event infrastructure and digital integration. The junior production manager is the start if the career pathway to full autonomous production management, and as such should have an existing grounding in the industry, knowledge of the relevant trades and be competent to manage smaller tasks or small projects. Tasks must be completed safely, competently, professionally and profitably. The post-holder must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent coordination and organisation skills.
- A working knowledge of some relevant event trades such as set build, lighting, audio, video, infrastructure, transport and logistics etc.
- Collaboration with the Production Manager and clients (as required) to make sure that everything is to the client’s and Production Manager’s satisfaction.
- Maintaining a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands.
- Team orientated and collaborative approach
- Commitment to completing tasks on time, to budget, and to high quality standards.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Supporting Production Managers in any project related tasks as required
- Taking ownership of entire aspects of a project in agreement with Production Manager
- Providing regular and clear updates to Production Managers
- Purchasing goods and services in-line with company procedures
- Creating and amending client specifications and quotes
- Preparing and maintaining a costing spreadsheet throughout the project lifecycle
- Obtaining costs from suppliers and ensuring compliance with agreed specification
- Creating and maintaining physical and electronic job bags
- Communicating confidently with the Production Manager being proactive to update throughout the project lifecycle
- Taking responsibility for the completion of set tasks and asking for support when needed
- Clearly communicating the critical project dates to relevant production managers.
- Preparation of project timelines and production schedules
- Assisting Production Managers with the management of on-site installations
- Seeking written sign-offs from Production Managers, and where applicable, clients
- Reading, understanding and acting upon pre-defined event regulations
- Assisting with the submission of creative briefs and amends for design concepts, technical drawings and graphic specification documents
- Assisting with the checking all elements of your project at every key stage of the project process including picking, packing and loading
- Preparation of health and safety documentation
- Maintaining open communication with suppliers, contractors, clients and internal teams
- Assisting the PM to deliver projects to the agreed profit margin
- Working closely with your line manager to identify and overcome issues and conflicts
- Arranging and overseeing the transport, handling, storing and/or disposal of items after an event
- Providing timely feedback to other employees and contractors focussing on the positive and points for improvement
- Participating in reviewing projects and identifying lessons learned
- Supporting our internal process for continual improvement
- Implementing lessons learned to improve your skills and knowledge to deliver a project
Establish and maintain good communication and liaison between team leaders and other employees in the Company.
Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with teams.
- Guilds in relevant fields, LOLER qualification etc
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Good attention to detail
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly regarding databases, Microsoft applications
- Previous, relevant experience that can be applied to the role
- Experience working in Technical Theatre disciplines, events or technical production company, or experience in the creative industries.
- A practical and working understanding of the Events and exhibitions industry
- Proven organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced level of software literacy (particularly MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a customer-focused manner
- Can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks accurately and within set timeframes
- Self-prioritise workload according to the business needs
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD, Vectorworks or SketchUp
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong desire to succeed
- Hands-on, can-do approach
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to manage multiple tasks
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Enhanced Pension scheme after a year’s service
- 25 days annual leave, with additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Your birthday off work
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company sick pay scheme
- A Perkbox account – giving you instant 24/7 access to more than 250 perks, including free drinks, cinema tickets, shopping discounts, fitness classes, learning courses and a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Head office near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton)
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- New London office opening summer 2021 in London Bridge
How To Apply
To apply for the role, click here.