Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies with a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £23,500 per year (depending on experience)
Location: Westham, East Sussex
Closing Date: Thursday 20th May 2021
Identity is a human experience agency with 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time HR Administrator to join our growing People & Culture team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented company. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
We are looking for someone who has experience as a HR Administrator within a creative or digital agency and must have administrative experience. Strong attention to detail, a real passion for people and their experience at work, are essential.
Location and Hours
Identity is based in Westham in East Sussex, however, contracted remote working is a possibility for the right candidate. We can also consider flexible working requests from day one.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
You will assist in the smooth running of the People & Culture Team. You will Process, verify and maintain documentation and data relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training and performance evaluations, recording data for each employee, including such information as addresses, earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations. You will also answer enquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To maintain confidential employee records both computerised and hard copy.
- To assist in ensuring that the staff handbook and other policies are kept up to date and that all employees have a copy.
- To assist with the day-to-day admin tasks pertaining to the running of the People & Culture Team. Answering queries from employees as directed and supporting the HR Manager.
- Updating policies.
- Managing data, date entry and cross-checking data.
- To maintain relevant spreadsheets and other database records.
- To ensure staff understand and comply with health and safety and environmental procedures to ensure safety within the company.
- You are responsible for fully complying with the company’s policies and procedures.
- At all times you should act in the company’s best interests and in the best interests of those entities which we represent.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and other tasks and responsibilities will be required of the post holder including any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by the Directors.
- Some HR background would be preferable, but we will provide internal and external training within the role.
- You must adopt the company value of Identity Way – TRACC. To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Must have a genuine interest in HR, have a polite and friendly character.
- Must have the ability to follow processes and procedures and to be comfortable with making important decisions, in the absence of a line manager, where necessary.
- Be confident in handling all staffing issues in a calm, methodical manner, whilst remaining objective at all times.
- Someone who is equally confident working on their own initiative, and as part of a team.
All information relating to employee, contractors, customers, and the business is to be treated confidentially in line with company procedures.
Health and Safety
Identity has an obligation under the Health and Safety at work act 1974 to provide safe and healthy working conditions.
All employees are required to co-operate with management in discharging this responsibility and must take responsible care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Other terms and conditions are as reflected in the contract of employment.
A job description is a written statement of essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Person Specification of an HR Administrator
- An outgoing, personable, and driven individual, who enjoys working with people.
- Patient, tactful, diplomatic, and approachable as well as being able to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Well-presented and business like.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with the ability to see things from both sides.
- Confident about gathering facts and statistics.
- Aware of respecting the importance of confidentiality both for the employees and the business as a whole.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the role.
- Confident in using Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- GCSE in Maths at Grade C or equivalent
- GCSE in English at Grade C or equivalent
- CIPD Qualification an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a customer focused manner
- Can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks within set timeframes
- Self-prioritise workload according to the business needs
- Excellent time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Must be professional and smart in appearance and speech
- Commitment to Identity TRACC principles
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated & punctual
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Enhanced Pension scheme after a year’s service
- 25 days annual leave, with additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Your birthday off work
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company sick pay scheme
- A Perkbox account – giving you instant 24/7 access to more than 250 perks, including free drinks, cinema tickets, shopping discounts, fitness classes, learning courses and a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Head office near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton)
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- New London office opening summer 2021 in London Bridge
How To Apply
To apply for the role, click here.