Head of Project Management
Identity is looking for a Head of Project Management to join us as we enter the next stage of our strategy. This is a really exciting time to join with significant growth plans, unrivalled ambition to succeed and a huge portfolio of clients and events.
This role will lead the Project Management department to ensure the successful, high-quality delivery of all projects delivered by the department. Reporting to the Director of Live Events, you will be responsible for maintaining a level of excellence across all projects and for overseeing project delivery from inception to completion.
Identity is a dynamic and energetic live events agency where creation and delivery is the beating heart of our business. Working with a number of global brands and government departments we design and deliver their live events in the UK and internationally. We are pioneers of human experience.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To lead the Project Management Team which is made up of Senior/Event Producers, Junior Producers, Proj Co’s, Project Managers and Logistics Managers to be the best that they can be
- Have direct line management of the Senior Event Producers but also provide support and guidance to the wider Project Management team
- As Head of Department, you will attend initial project vetting and briefing meetings as well as pitch/project delivery kick-off meetings, as required
- Attend and contribute to project delivery meetings with other Heads of Department (HODs), being responsible for resourcing new incoming projects and pitches on a proactive basis and working collaboratively with the wider team to resolve any resourcing and/or skillset issues on existing projects quickly and efficiently
- Be responsible for managing the department’s Event/Resourcing Schedule, assigning appropriate resources, both permanent and freelance, to projects and managing workloads across the team
- Be responsible for sourcing appropriate resources to support on pitches and tenders
- Support the operational delivery team in the early stages of scoping and project set-up
- Review and approve project budgets and be responsible for ensuring profitability on all projects delivered
- Implementing cost reductions where possible and driving continuous improvement activities
- Attend post-project review meetings to identify lessons learned and feedback learnings to wider team ensuring that identified improvements are implemented across other projects
- Develop, implement and maintain best practice and be responsible for streamlining processes and identifying new tools and techniques which could improve the way in which we deliver projects
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a leadership role in producing and delivering projects within the live events and exhibitions industry
- Previous experience in people management and a strong desire to help and support people to progress in their careers
- Demonstrable understanding of Project Management processes in an events environment (AGILE or PRINCE2 qualification desirable but not essential if qualified by experience)
- Proven experience in developing and streamlining processes within a comparable agency environment, including collaborating with other internal stakeholders to create mutually beneficial outcomes for all areas of the business
- A solutions driven individual with excellent problem solving abilities
- A good understanding of other areas/teams within the wider business (Digital/Technical Production/Creative etc.)
- Commercially minded with demonstrable experience of working within a commercial environment, managing complex budgets and understanding the commercial viability of projects
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely and demonstrate experience in client communications
- The ability to adapt effectively to a variety of situations and the resilience and stamina to sustain effective performance under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Full knowledge of logistical, technical and production procedures
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
More reasons to join:
- You’ll bring your expertise, we’ll expose you to the best in the industry
- Leadership opportunities and scope to grow with the department
- Remote/flexible working + offices in both Eastbourne and London
- Culture of training and professional development
- 25 days holiday plus your Birthday off
- Annual team awards
- Exciting staff social calendar
- Social, Environmental and Charity committees reflect a genuine commitment
Our values are important to Identity as they underpin how we work with each other. Every employee is asked to adhere to TRACC values, namely: Teamwork, Responsible, Ambitious, Creative, Caring.
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience, salary expectations and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Identity Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Disability Confident Commitment: We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Please note all candidates must have the right to work in the UK for their application to be considered, this includes a British passport, relevant visa or settlement status.