Digital Delivery Manager
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies with a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 per year (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 30/04/2021
Identity is a human experience agency with 20 years experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Digital Delivery Manager to join our growing Digital team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented company. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
We are looking for someone who has several years of experience in Digital Delivery management within a creative or digital agency and must have experience with a diverse range of projects for digital delivery in the context of live events and brand experiences. Strong attention to detail, a real passion for creativity and delivery and excellent team leadership and management skills are essential.
For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company that specialises in live events and works with clients such as Siemens, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, the Royal Navy, RAF and UK Government Departments.
Identity is based in Westham in East Sussex, however, contracted remote working is a possibility for the right candidate.
Disability Confident Commitment:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
The Digital Delivery Manager will be responsible for the team management and delivery fidelity of all digital projects at Identity. This role demands a candidate with a passion for digital projects with a focus on the Events landscape, in conjunction with a keen eye for good process development and an ineffable sense of rigour in order to be able to develop, maintain and safeguard the knowledge and working practices of the digital production team at Identity.
Reporting to the Head of Production, in partnership with the Creative Technology Director, and in conjunction with the senior members of departments and disciplines around the business, you will work towards the development of the agency’s digital offering within the wider context of the evolution of Identity as a whole.
This role has three overarching areas of focus:
– Team Management of Pitches and Projects through Scoping, Production & Delivery
– Digital Project process Development
– Digital Knowledge Gathering systems and capabilities
This role has a great deal of potential for professional development and ‘ownership’, suiting a candidate with the desire to help to steer a rapidly developing digital offering and agency.
This role is a client facing role and will have the requirement for onsite delivery and travel both across the UK and internationally.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Team Management & Leadership
- Lead the team of Digital Producers and Production Assistants, as their first point of contact and Line Manager
- Both full time resource and Freelance Producers
- Responsible for the resourcing of pitches and projects for Producers, including the acquisition of freelance or full-time staff as required. This includes the Producers, but also extends to UX and User Experience specialists, Data Analysts, Content Producers amongst others. Also contributing to the sourcing of Creative Technologists, supporting the Creative Technology Director leading this acquisition
- Work in partnership with the Creative Technology Director to lead the overarching Digital Production team, to include the Creative Technologists while working on project deliveries
- Build upon the existing working partnership between Creative Technology and Digital Production sub-teams, developing processes and communication channels both within the team and around the wider business to promote clear communication of the possibilities and requirements for digital development and delivery
- Day-to-day management of the Digital Production team. Hold weekly check-in meetings with each Producer and be on hand to guide them in their production and delivery phases of projects.
- Hold 1-2-1 meetings with the permanent members of the Digital Production team on a monthly basis, discussing and logging their progress, successes and development areas, and looking at longer term planning with each of them to develop their skills and agree a career trajectory for them at Identity
- Budget, scope and timeline point of approval in scoping phases (reporting onwards to the Head of Production)
- Be present at initial project and pitches kick-off meetings with representatives of the wider teams, as senior Digital Production presence and guidance, and to support the Digital Producers in the early stages of scoping and project set-up
- Responsible for the time utilisation and logging of all time, both internal and on client works. Review and discuss the findings of Utilisation reports with the agency committee, identify and implement changes within the Digital Production and Creative Technology teams as required to contribute to the efficiency of the agency as a whole
- Attend and contribute to Pitch Tracker meetings with Line managers and Department Heads, resourcing incoming projects and pitches on a pro-active basis and working collaboratively to resolve any resourcing and skillset issues quickly
- Develop and maintain key Line Managers and HoDs relationships, especially Head of Accounts, Head of Project Management, to encourage collaborative work throughout the disciplines
Digital Project processes
- In line with the development of the wider project processes from Sales and New Business through Creative, Production and delivery:
- Take the lead on the Digital requirements, bringing knowledge and expertise in UX and User Journeys, software development, content production, awareness of the Creative Technology development of Strategic ideas and their translation into Digital Production plans
- Be a consistent champion and guardian of these processes, as a point of liaison between department heads and team leads cross-discipline, as well as leading the Digital Producers and overarching Digital team in the implementation of the processes
- Devise clear and easily digestible documentation to support the processes, for briefing of new Producers and Creative Technologists. This documentation (or a version of it) should also be used as an education workstream as to the required procedures and steps that Digital Production development needs to take, in conjunction with and referencing the wider ecosystem of skillsets around the business (Production, Creative, Project Management and Events, etc)
- GDPR and Data policies development and maintenance, in partnership with Creative Technology Director and the Identity senior team and Directors
Digital Knowledge Gathering and Retention
- Build upon the nascent workstream aiming to gather and centralise as much knowledge of digital processes, software, facilities and suppliers utilised on projects as possible
- This workstream aims to retain knowledge and build a bank of digital intelligence and centrally owned tools to be applied to virtual events, hybrid digital executions, and aiming towards physical and digital experiential outputs as the team and skillsets evolve
- Research and propose the best solution to house the knowledge acquired though project processes, including briefs and pitch responses, scoping budgets and milestone timelines, full Scopes of Work and project plans, through to working information and reports through project lifecycles (to be built into digital project processes) that provide enough commentary and narrative to allow new producers (to Identity or particular projects / clients) to be able to largely independently immerse themselves in a project in a time efficient way
- Information should also be captured about any third party suppliers engaged on projects, including a qualitative narrative about the relationships and best working practices with them
- Overview details and software map to outline the software and facilities employed in any delivery. Specific access to these facilities will need to be held centrally (see point below)
- Post-project documentation and reporting also needs to be evolved and captured, to include project debriefs, budget reconciliations
- Develop a ‘home’ and interface to make this as user-friendly and clear as possible
- Our team Production Assistant has been working to gather as much knowledge as possible on projects dating back to Spring 2020 as a starting point for this. This knowledge will however need to be reviewed and rationalised in the best way possible. If software outside of the existing Identity toolkit is required for this (or anything else mentioned in this spec) a business case will need to be put forward to the senior team for approval on the outlay
- Repository for any subscription details for software or facilities, held centrally with named overall access from Digital Delivery Manager, Creative Technology Director and Digital Production Assistant. Details and access to be distributed to the Producers as required on a project-by-project basis (in order to enforce a robust data retention policy)
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Virtual Events Delivery. Devise a consultation programme to streamline the facilities and delivery of Virtual Events. Taking learnings from the Producers and Creative Technologists and the results of previously held events, look to build an efficient roster of platforms, streaming and virtual mixing facilities and content creation methods, aiming to create a simpler, standardised process (with room for creativity and variation) that can be rolled-out across the business, from Sales and Accounts teams, through Creative, Production and Delivery. Build in the mechanism (in line with Knowledge Gathering workstream) for a project feedback loop to build upon the knowledge and continue to find ways to incorporate new facilities and efficiencies, without having to scope from ‘square one’ for each new brief or enquiry
- Contribute, from a Digital Production perspective, to an ongoing internal education programme to communicate the methods and opportunities of both virtual events and wider opportunities and methods for the deployment of digital tools in events delivery
- Productisation. Contribute experience, methodologies and resource, in partnership with the Creative Technology Director, to a workstream dedicated to devising and developing proprietary products for the business to own and monetise as part of our digital offering. Work with the Creative Strategy and Technology teams to identify areas where products could be most effective in the market for virtual events and digital deliveries for hybrid and physical events. Develop the capabilities, methods and approach to realising these ambitions, and put forward business cases to the senior leadership team to ‘sell’ the ideas internally. Contribute to the necessary contractual development required to be able to legally own and license products to clients, and develop packages for sale. Contribute to the development of sales strategies
At Identity we pride ourselves on delivering the best quality products and services and leading through creativity. The position demands excellent attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands.
The person must have a confident and enthusiastic approach to our diverse industry and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service and must be professional at all times.
Professional Expertise and skills
- At least 10 year’s experience in a Digital production role with extensive experience in developing, producing and delivering digital projects within the events and exhibitions industry
- At least 3 year’s experience as a line manager or department lead in Digital Projects Delivery, managing multiple reports and workstreams
- Demonstrable understanding of Digital project processes and project delivery in an Events environment
- Proven experience in the development of processes for Digital projects within a comparable agency or enterprise, including collaborating with other stakeholders to create mutually-beneficial outcomes for all areas of the business
- Leadership in organisation, project management and documentational
- Thorough understanding of creative processes in the context of a Digitally-enabled Agency
- Demonstrate experience of working within a commercial environment and the understanding of commercial viability
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely and demonstrate experience in client communications
- The ability to adapt effectively to a variety of situations and the resilience and stamina to sustain effective performance under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Able to speak technically to developers and simply to clients
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly regarding databases, Microsoft applications
- Proven organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Skilled and sympathetic negotiator
- Planning and business development skills
- Ability to work in a customer-focused manner
- Can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks within set timeframes
- Self-prioritise workload according to the business needs
- Excellent time management skills
- People management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to take ownership of a team and offering
- Hands on, can do approach
- Commitment to Identity TRACC principles
- This list of duties is not exhaustive and other tasks and responsibilities will be required of the post holder including any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by the Managing Director or the Operations Director.
- All information relating to customers and the business is to be treated confidentially in line with Company procedures.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Other terms and conditions are as reflected in the contract of employment.
- (A job description is a written statement of essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved).
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 80 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Free fresh fruit is available daily to all staff
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Birthday day off
- Additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include Apple, Google, New Balance, Formula E and UK Government Departments
- Potential to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Identity believes in investing in their staff so opportunities for personal development and training will be available.
- Near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton)
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.