Deputy Head of Production
Do you have a passion for Live Events, creative delivery and experiential Projects?
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing live event and experiential agencies in a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £55,000 – £65,000 per year (depending on experience)
Location: Westham, East Sussex / London
Identity is a dynamic live event and creative experience agency with 20 years experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Deputy Head of Production to join our Production Management team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented organisation that are growing and evolving.
We are looking for someone who already has extensive experience in the planning and delivery of live events and exhibitions. The right candidate must have strong attention to detail, a real passion for delivery and creative problem solving and teamwork. They must also have experience at line management and team development. For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to join a growing business that specialises in live events and works with clients such as Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Panasonic, Siemens, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, the Royal Navy, RAF and UK Government Departments including large scale high profile events.
The main purpose of the role is to support and deputise for the Head of Production, and be responsible for the oversight, continuous improvement, and innovation of project delivery for the “business as usual” Production Management team, with a focus on quality assurance, driving production standards, delivering clients value for money and supply chain management.
Due to the breath of work at Identity and various nuances across the clients, several sub teams are in place for managing project delivery across the majority of our clients including exhibitions, events, roadshows, conferences, and product launches. Projects must be delivered safely, competently, professionally, and profitably.
This is a blended managerial and delivery role so the post holder must be capable of relevant complex event delivery across multiple channels as well as have proven team management and development skills.
This role could fit a Head of Production style role in a smaller agency, or a Senior PM with line management responsibility in a larger agency looking to move their career forward
This role will have 4 key responsibilities, in collaboration with the Head of Production.
- Management and resource planning of a section of the Production Team, and freelancers as required, including mentoring and monthly reviews
- Providing commercial and technical input and management of the proposal process for pitches.
- Oversight of and accountability for all production outputs within all relevant workstreams
- Senior level contribution at the Production Steering Group, to help guide the team and Identity business on continuous improvement and the attainment of company goals
- To deputise for the Head of Production as needed and input into team and company strategy, process and targets
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate
- Minimum 10Yrs experience in delivering high profile, complex and large budget (over £2m) projects in an Agency environment.
- Proven people management skills, with experience in resource management and fulltime line management
- Proven Client management skills to include good oral and written communication.
- In-depth experience across multiple delivery sectors and comfortable delivering those projects and guiding others in their execution. (Exhibitions, events, conference, green field, fixed facility, road shows, government projects).
- Has worked internationally and has experience and understanding of multi currency projects and regional nuances, pitfalls, H&S, unions etc.
- Confident and experienced with all technical, logistical and scenic / manufacturing requirements for delivery sectors listed above
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business impacts.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Excellent working knowledge and practical experience across all relevant event sectors of H&S process. Able to write relevant H&S plans and RAMS. Understands legislation and legal implications of project decisions. Confident in challenging suppliers, clients and management on H&S breaches and / or bad practice.
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Enhanced Pension scheme after a year’s service
- 25 days annual leave, with additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Your birthday off work
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company sick pay scheme
- A Perkbox account – giving you instant 24/7 access to more than 250 perks, including free drinks, cinema tickets, shopping discounts, fitness classes, learning courses and a 24/7 employee assistance programme
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience, salary expectations and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Identity Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Disability Confident Commitment: We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Please note all candidates must have the right to work in the UK for their application to be considered, this includes a British passport, relevant visa or settlement status.