Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies with a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 per year (depending on experience)
Identity is a human experience agency with 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Creative Technologist to join our growing Creative team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented company. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
We are looking for someone who has several years of experience as a Creative Technologist within a creative or digital agency and must have experience with a diverse range of projects for Live, Digital & Hybrid Event delivery. Strong attention to detail, a real passion for creativity and delivery and excellent time management skills are essential.
For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company that specialises in live events and works with clients such as Siemens, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, the Royal Navy, RAF and UK Government Departments.
Identity is based in Westham in East Sussex, however, contracted remote working is a possibility for the right candidate.
Disability Confident Commitment:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
The Creative Technologist will work to ideate and prototype ideas using a wide range of technologies. They will handle bringing a creative concept to life via storytelling and rapid prototyping using the right technology.
You will be a highly motivated, organised and passionate individual that is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take responsibility for actions, using your initiative to make suggestions and working to make things happen. Working with the Creative Technology Director, the role is best suited to individuals with strong creative and UX skills, so a solid understanding of user-centred design principles is useful. This is a creatively focused role where you will be heavily involved in pitching, presenting, directing, making, and designing., taking pride in the quality of your output in addition to the completion of the task.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and hashing out creative ideas into workable digital experiences
- Art directing UX/UI designers to visualise the digital experiences
- Working closely with the producer and development agency to get the experience built
- Working with digital event producers on virtual event platforms to help shape the experience, content and user flows for live virtual events
- Working closely with the Creative Strategy Director to bring abstract concepts to life using storytelling, UX and technology.
- Being aware of technological trends and innovation and be able to utilise them in creative ideas
- Help be the voice of the user during the creative process.
At Identity we pride ourselves on delivering the best quality products and services and leading through creativity. The position demands excellent attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands.
The person must have a confident and enthusiastic approach to our diverse industry and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service and must be professional at all times.
Professional Expertise and skills
- Have at least three years’ experience at an agency or in a similar industry role.
- Have creative, UX and storytelling skills backed up with solid portfolio of excellent work.
- A good understanding of design / art direction
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- You will have a good understanding of a wide range of technologies, how to use them, and how they work.
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc)
- Must have a solid understanding of design and art direction and be able to visualise your ideas and have the ability to communicate them to the wider team.
- Secondary skills would be a benefit.
- An understanding of virtual event platforms or have worked in the event industry
- An understanding of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- An understanding of working with data or data visualisation
- An understanding of backend technologies such as Node, MongoDb, etc
- Any video or art direction experience in linear storytelling (mood films, brand films, ads, etc)
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely and demonstrate experience in client communications
- The ability to adapt effectively to a variety of situations and the resilience and stamina to sustain effective performance under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Able to speak technically to developers and simply to clients
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly regarding databases, Microsoft applications
- Proven track record of being a proactive and inclusive team member
- Proven organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ideation and planning skills
- Ability to work in a customer focused manner
- Can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks within set timeframes
- Self-prioritise workload according to the business needs
- Excellent time management skills
- People management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Hands on, can do approach
- Must be professional and smart in appearance
- Commitment to Identity TRACC principles
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Enhanced Pension scheme after a year’s service
- 25 days annual leave, with additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Your birthday off work
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company sick pay scheme
- A Perkbox account – giving you instant 24/7 access to more than 250 perks, including free drinks, cinema tickets, shopping discounts, fitness classes, learning courses and a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Head office near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton)
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- New London office opening summer 2021 in London Bridge
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.