Are you an ambitious and innovative Creative Technologist?
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies with a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per year (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 9 October 2020
Identity is a human experience agency with 20 years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Creative technologist to join our growing Digital team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented group. Expect a team full of skilled and highly driven people with bags of passion and a real can-do attitude.
We are looking for someone who has several years of experience in a creative technology role within a creative or digital agency and must have experience with a diverse range of projects for Live Event delivery. Strong attention to detail, a real passion for creativity and innovation and technical excellence is needed. For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company which specialises in live events and works with clients such as Siemens, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, the Royal Navy, RAF and UK Government Departments.
Identity are based in Westham in East Sussex, however, contracted remote working is a possibility for the right candidate.
The Creative Technology team provide a pivotal role in applied technology between the creative team and the digital production team. They provide technical understanding and applied ideation, technical scoping and technical support for the Digital Producers through the entire project lifespan, whilst also inputting into the creative ideation process and proactively finding technology solutions to creative problems. Identity does not have a dedicated Technical development team as part of the digital offering, as such the Creative Technologist role is to fill this knowledge gap, working on a sliding scale between the Creative Department and Digital Production. The Creative Technologist must have an in depth understanding of both creative and production processes and thus integrate into the project teams in varying ways pending on the project scope and the surrounding skill-sets. This is a client facing role and will at times be involved in the presentation of creative and technical solutions to prospective clients.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Creative Technologist, Creative Directors / Creative Leads in the development of proposal documents and pitch presentations, developing the creative concepts into tangible solutions in partnership with the Digital producers. This may involve prototyping concepts in the physical and digital space, writing briefs for designers/developers/suppliers and overseeing the creative output under the guidance of the creative director.
- Supporting the creative team in producing user journeys and UI designs where dedicated UX / UI resource is not available or required.
- Meeting potential clients and attending client meetings to provide support to the client services team and digital production team to discuss project requirements and be a contributing technical voice in meetings.
- Support the Digital Producers and Senior creative Technologist in the pre-production of live projects, and providing active technical support, scoping support and technical qualification as required.
- Under the leadership of the Digital Producers and Senior Creative Technologists:
- Contribute to the development of concepts for creative tech innovations particular to client and agency requirements
- Research new suppliers, technologies and sub-contractors
- Ensure all workflows are created and documented to Identity Digital processes and industry best practice
- Ensure software production is developed in line with Identity guidelines and the correct repository for any code is used
- Liaising with developers and / or software production companies as required
- Working closely with the digital producers and account management teams for project insight and to develop the most apt response to briefs; in alignment with project specifications, client requirements, timelines and budget
- Creating all relevant technical specification documents for internal alignment and supplier briefing process.
- Inputting technical specifications and descriptions of creative solutions into scope of work documentation.
- Working in close partnership with production – specifically digital producers – to advise on project timelines, resource needed and top-line budgets where applicable
- Be proactive in researching new technology, its benefits to Identity and be abreast of industry wide innovation
At Identity we pride ourselves on delivering the best quality products and services and leading through creativity. The position demands excellent attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands.
The person must have a confident and enthusiastic approach to our diverse industry and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service, and be professional at all times.
Professional Expertise and Skills
- Demonstrative experience in developing and delivering digital tools and experiences
- Proven track record of being a proactive and inclusive team member
- Commercial awareness
- Willing to take part in proposal and pitching experience
- Pitch generation
- Proven experience in developing ideas and Creative Technology solutions and taking them through to testing and final delivery
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly regarding databases, Microsoft applications
- Proven organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ideation and planning skills
- Ability to work in a customer focused manner
- Can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks within set timeframes
- Self-prioritise workload according to the business needs
- Excellent time management skills
- People management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Hands on, can do approach
- Must be professional and smart in appearance
- Commitment to Identity TRACC principles
Identity is a full-service live events and creative agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 60 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Free fresh fruit is available daily to all staff
- Pension scheme
- Transport benefit scheme
- Additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include Apple, Google, New Balance, Formula E and UK Government Departments
- Potential to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Opportunity for career progression
- Near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton). However you do not need to be located in Eastbourne and remote working is possible.
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- Brand new, refurbished and spacious offices
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com by 9 October 2020.