Creative Strategy Director
Are you an experienced Creative Strategy Director looking for a new challenge within an award-winning events agency?
Salary: £70,000- £75,000
The Creative Strategy Director will be responsible for the Strategic development of ideas across new business and pitches, projects in creative phases, and as a strategic guide to the production and execution of projects.
The successful candidate will work with the Creative Director and the Creative Technology Director by taking the lead on the practical application of creative strategic thought and development of works both to brief and in building new client relationships.
- To lead the development of the strategic approach and creative concepts as a response to briefs and RFPs
- Thoroughly interrogate the requirements within the brief from a strategic and messaging standpoint
- Develop the narrative approach, strategic insights and concepts that will form the basis for the creative ideation and development
- Evaluate and determine the most appropriate tone of voice in creative response to pitches; execute all copy requirements for the narrative and creative sections of pitches
- Act as a safeguard for the strategic messaging throughout the pitch process and beyond, ensuring the integrity of all creative, events and development against the guiding principles, providing subsequent strategic guidance to rectify issues if this is not evident
- Contribute to pitch presentations of the strategic narratives, frameworks, and concepts
- Contribute to the approach, early discussions, and evaluation of potential new clients for Identity, based on the Creative and commercial objectives of desired growth in targeted commercial sectors
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of client’s needs, their brand positioning and priorities
- Through workshops, audits and research of clients and their competitors, determine the tone of voice and strategic direction that will provide the best creative direction of travel to create a unique project proposition for experiences and events
- Write creative briefs and carry-out creative briefings with the creative project team. Once the project team are working provide ideation support and a safeguarding voice for the concepts and frameworks
- Ensure that all creative outputs remain strategically on message and as effective as possible
Skills and Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience at a senior level in Creative and Brand Strategy
- An extensive and deep understanding of a strategic and creative approach to commercial projects in an events and experiential environment
- Proven experience in the development of processes for Strategic and Creative projects within a comparable agency or enterprise
- Leadership in the strategic approach to projects and new business
- Ability to pitch to and liaise with clients and talk fluidly and convincingly about their brand, their project aims and needs, and the application of their strategic direction
- Proven experience in developing strategic frameworks and creative concepts in response to tenders or as part of project processes
- Thorough understanding of creative and how it can be woven around Digitally enabled events and experiential projects
- Demonstrate experience of working within a commercial environment and the understanding of commercial viability
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely and demonstrate experience in client communications
- The ability to adapt effectively to a variety of situations and the resilience to sustain effective performance under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- People management skills
- Exciting staff social calendar
- Social, Environmental and Charity committees reflect a genuine commitment
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 100 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
More reasons to join:
- You’ll bring your expertise, we’ll expose you to the best in the industry
- Leadership opportunities and scope to grow with the department
- Remote/flexible working + offices in both Eastbourne and London
- Culture of training and professional development
- Competitive HR schemes: pension, rail discount scheme, cycle-to-work, continuous service holiday bonus
- Annual team awards
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience, salary expectations and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Disability Confident Commitment: We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Please note all candidates must have the right to work in the UK for their application to be considered, this includes a British passport, relevant visa or settlement status.