Brand Marketing Manager
Are you an ambitious and proactive Brand Marketing Manager?
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing experience agencies with a full-time role at Identity.
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per year (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 23rd October 2020
Identity is a human experience agency with 20+ years’ experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to our continuing success, we are looking to recruit a full-time Brand Marketing Manager to lead Identity’s marketing operations. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented team – expect to work in a business filled with skilled, highly driven people with bags of passion and expertise.
We are looking for someone who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Brand Marketing Manager, preferably with a background in an agency environment. This person must have a deep understanding and demonstrable track record in the overarching principles and pillars of brand marketing, including marketing and business plan development and implementation, managing budgets, stakeholder liaison, campaign ideation and coordination, digital (web, social, email – organic and paid), marketing sales funnels, PR, video and branding. A strong attention to detail, excellent project management skills and the ability to work autonomously and part of a team are essential. Previous experience in the live events industry would be highly beneficial.
You will be a very results-oriented individual, anticipating needs and spotting opportunities to deliver value and a key requirement within this role is the proactive generation of new ideas, opportunities and solutions. To do this, you will have a clear understanding of our business environment, competitors, products, services, suppliers and pricing structures.
As required the Brand Marketing Manager will attend (and in some cases lead) workshops and other discovery sessions to develop business requirements for projects, communicating those requirements to the delivery team to ensure that solutions meet those requirements.
You will have excellent awareness of the latest marketing trends and the overall marketing landscape, staying up to date with relevant industry publications, websites and newsletters as well as through attendance at conferences.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading on the conceptualisation and delivery of the overarching company marketing strategy, in line with a collective set of business and sales objectives ensuring that both digital and traditional outposts are considered
- Outlining the PR strategy for the business and managing the execution of PR delivery, liaising with our external PR agency and key internal stakeholders
- Managing both the marketing budget and overall marketing content calendar
- Management of all external marketing partnerships, including sponsorship deals, award applications, festivals and brand awareness events
- Marketing campaign ideation and coordination, ensuring end-to-end delivery meets agreed KPIs
- Overseeing the company website development, website traffic and data, whilst trying to maximise SEO value inline with the digital marketing strategy
- Management of the email marketing funnel and CRM
- Management of video strategy, content and stakeholders, including storyboarding, filming, the edit process, venue liaison etc as required
- Management of our vlog channel strategy ensuring regular engaging content is produced and shared across the relevant platforms, whilst demonstrating objectivity aligned with client acquisition
- Market research to keep up to date with customer trends, predict future trends and report on these back to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Provide clear and concise reporting to the Client Services Manager on campaign analytics and all marketing activity
- Management of all Identity brand assets, including uniform, stationery, vehicle signage amongst others
- Line Management responsibilities to include monthly 1-2-1s and 90-day appraisals, as well as career development
Professional Expertise and Skills
- At least 5+ years proven agency experience/track record in brand marketing
- Knowledge of working within a commercial environment and an understanding of delivering projects that are commercially viable
- Ability to take ownership of marketing campaigns across all stages, from brief and planning through to delivery and evaluation
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at a variety of levels and across functions to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with effective planning to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality content
- Highly skilled at pulling together performance-focussed content plans ensuring that they reach the target audience(s) across multiple channels to attract, engage and convert to meet objectives and deliver ROI
- Experienced at managing marketing budgets
- Line management and personal development experience
- Excellent copywriting skills; you can write a punchy headline and a shareable blog post
- Evaluation and reporting skills – you are driven by data and understand its role in continuous improvement
- Experience using marketing software, platforms and tools, such as HubSpot, Mailchimp, WordPress, Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey etc
Qualities & Personal Attributes
- Good understanding of brand storytelling and narratives
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- Audience/market focused with awareness of the latest trends and how to analyse industry movements
- Very strong analytical skills/mind – you think of yourself as a problem solver
- Exceptional organisation, project management and documentational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to present in front of large groups
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with people at all levels and persuade others to your own viewpoint
- You’re a people person and confident working with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to adapt effectively to a variety of situations and the resilience and stamina to sustain effective performance under pressure
- Time and project management skills including the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed; hands on, can do approach
- Professional and smart in appearance
- Commitment to Identity’s TRACC principles
Identity is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of over 60 talented people works with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Free fresh fruit is available daily to all staff
- Pension scheme
- Transport benefit scheme
- Additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include Apple, Google, New Balance, Formula E and UK Government Departments
- Potential to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Opportunity for career progression
- Near Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas (approx. 90 minutes from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton)
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- Brand new, refurbished and spacious offices
How To Apply
Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 October.