Live events are a highly effective marketing and sales tool for businesses of all sizes, helping them to engage with new and existing clients, raise awareness of products and services, generate leads and successfully communicate their brand message to a large, receptive audience.
But what can events professionals expect over the next 12 months? Here are 15 eye-opening statistics, trends and data snippets to help #eventprofs stay ahead of the game in 2018.
- More than 9 in 10 (95%) of marketers believe that live events provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to form in-person connections in an increasingly digital world (Bizzabo, 2017)
- 80% of marketers agree that live events are critical to their company’s success (Endless Events, 2017)
- Half of all marketers say that their primary reason for attending events are lead generation/sales and community building (Bizzabo, 2017)
- More than one third (35%) of marketers look at revenue generated to measure event success (Bizzabo, 2017)
- 83% of marketers used an event app in 2017 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- 78% of event marketers say that they will use email marketing in 2018 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- 58% will be taking advantage of video livestreaming in 2018 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- Six in 10 (60%) of smartphone owners are using their devices at social gatherings and events (Event MB, 2017)
- Expect a renewed interest in virtual reality this year, with 88% of marketers saying they expect to use VR in 2018, up from 43% in 2017 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- A huge majority of event marketers (86%) believe that technology can have a majorly positive impact on the success of their events (Bizzabo, 2017)
- Event technology can help increase event attendance by 20% and productivity by 27%, while decreasing costs by 20-30% (Bizzabo, 2017)
- Almost 8 in 10 (77%) of marketers use experiential marketing as a vital part of a brand’s advertising strategy (EventTrack, 2017)
- 98% of users say they are more likely to purchase a product or service after attending an activation (EventTrack, 2017)
- 95% of event creators who used experiential marketing in 2017 found it effective (Eventbrite, 2018)
- Almost three-quarters (70%) of users become customers after an experiential marketing event (EventTrack, 2017)
As we begin this new year, it’s essential for events professionals to take notice of these industry statistics to gain a valuable advantage for their shows coming up in 2018. For more information on how Identity can help you at your next event, please contact us today on telephone number 01323 469111 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.